Daily Build Major Changes
- Plan: Fixed Wing Landing Pattern: You can now adjust the distance from the loiter to land point by either distance or glide slope fall rate.
- Plan: PX4 GeoFence and Rally Point support.
- Fly: Better display of vehicle icons when connected to multiple vehicles.
- Fly: Multi-Vehicle View supports commands which apply to all vehicles.
- Fly: Displays vehicles reported from ADS-B sensor.
New MAVLink GeoFence, Rally Point support
QGC supports the new MAVLink GeoFence and Rally Point specification/protocol. This new system supports multiple polygonal and/or circular fences which can be specified as an exclusion or an inclusion fence.
The fence which is currently selected by the "Edit" radio button will show the on screen editing controls such as the drag points for polygon editing.
Note: Only PX4 Pro firmware supports the new specification. ArduPilot does not yet support the new spec. Support for GeoFence/Rally is temporarily disabled in QGC until QGC ArduPilot code is reworked to the new architecture.
Edit Position Dialog
The Edit Position Dialog allows you to specify a detailed position for an item in either Geographic or UTM coordinate systems. It is available from the Polygon Tools menu as well as the hamburger menu of any mission item which specifies a coordinate:
You can now also click on the polygon center drag handle to bring up a set of polygon manipulation tools. The tools are available anywhere polygon editing is supported: Survey, Structure Scan, GeoFence, ...
- Circle - Converts the polygon to a circular polygon.
- Polygon - Changes a circular polygon back to a rectangular polygon.
- Set radius - Set radius for circular polygons.
- Edit position - Displays the edit position dialog to specify a detailed position for the circular center.
- Load KML - Set polygon to polygon loaded from KML file.
Circular polygon example:
Multi-Vehicle vehicle indicators
When you are connected to multiple vehicles the vehicle id will be shown below the vehicle icon. The active vehicle will be opaque and the inactive vehicles will be semi-transparent.
Multi-Vehicle View supports batch commands
The multi-vehicle list now supports commands which apply to all vehicles.
The current list of available commands are Pause and Start Mission but that will be exapanded upon with further development.
ADS-B sensor vehicle display
Vehicle reported by ADS-B sensor on vehicle are shown on map as smaller blue icons with altitude and callsign below the icon.