Download and Install
The sections below can be used download the current stable release of QGroundControl for each platform.
See QGC Install/Config Problems if you have any problem running QGroundControl after installation!
QGC should run well on any modern computer or mobile device. Performance will depend on the system environment, 3rd party applications, and available system resources. More capable hardware will provide a better experience. A computer with at least 8Gb RAM, an SSD, Nvidia or AMD graphics and an i5 or better CPU will be suitable for most applications.
For the best experience and compatibility, we recommend you the newest version of your operating system.
Install QGroundControl for Windows Vista or later:
- Download QGroundControl-installer.exe.
- Double click the executable to launch the installer.
The Windows installer creates 3 shortcuts: QGroundControl, GPU Compatibility Mode, GPU Safe Mode. Use the first shortcut unless you experience startup or video rendering issues. For more information see QGC Install/Config Problems > Windows: UI Rendering/Video Driver Issues.
Mac OS X
Install QGroundControl for macOS 10.10 or later:
- Download QGroundControl.dmg.
- Double-click the .dmg file to mount it, then drag the QGroundControl application to your Application folder.
Ubuntu comes with a serial modem manager that interferes with any robotics related use of a serial port (or USB serial). Before installing QGroundControl you should remove the modem manager and grant yourself permissions to access the serial port. You also need to install GStreamer in order to support video streaming.
Before installing QGroundControl for the first time:
- On the command prompt enter:
sudo usermod -a -G dialout $USER sudo apt-get remove modemmanager -y sudo apt install gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad gstreamer1.0-libav -y
- Logout and login again to enable the change to user permissions.
To install QGroundControl for Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS or later:
- Download QGroundControl.AppImage.
- Install (and run) using the terminal commands:
chmod +x ./QGroundControl.AppImage ./QGroundControl.AppImage (or double click)
Install QGroundControl for Android 5.1 or later:
- Open the Google Play Store QGroundControl link.
- Follow the installation instructions.
QGroundControl for iOS is in beta. It can only be installed as a daily build.
Install QGroundControl for iOS 8.0 or later:
- Follow the instructions for Installing iOS Daily Beta.
Old Stable Releases
Old stable releases can be found on GitHub.
Daily builds can be downloaded from here.