Download and Install
The sections below can be used download the current stable release of QGroundControl for each platform.
QGC should run well on any modern computer or mobile device. Performance will depend on the system environment, 3rd party applications, and available system resources. More capable hardware will provide a better experience. A computer with at least 8Gb RAM, an SSD, Nvidia or AMD graphics and an i5 or better CPU will be suitable for most applications.
For the best experience and compatibility, we recommend you the newest version of your operating system.
Install QGroundControl for Windows Vista or later:
- Download QGroundControl-installer.exe.
- Double click the executable to launch the installer.
The Windows installer creates 3 shortcuts: QGroundControl, GPU Compatibility Mode, GPU Safe Mode. Use the first shortcut unless you experience startup or video rendering issues. For more information see Support > Troubleshooting.
Mac OS X
Install QGroundControl for Mac OS X 10.8 or later:
- Download QGroundControl.dmg.
- Double-click the .dmg file to mount it, then drag the QGroundControl application to your Application folder.
Install QGroundControl for Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS or later. You can either install the AppImage or the compressed archive.
- Download QGroundControl.AppImage.
- Install using the terminal commands:
chmod +x ./QGroundControl.AppImage ./QGroundControl.AppImage (or double click)
- Download QGroundControl.tar.bz2.
- Extract the archive using the terminal command:
tar jxf QGroundControl.tar.bz2 cd qgroundcontrol ./qgroundcontrol-start.sh
- Install additional packages as specified in the github README. You do not need to install Qt.
Install QGroundControl for Android 5.1 or later:
- Open the Google Play Store QGroundControl link.
- Follow the installation instructions.
QGroundControl for iOS is in beta. It can only be installed as a daily build.
Install QGroundControl for iOS 8.0 or later:
- Follow the instructions for Installing iOS Daily Beta.
Old Stable Releases
Old stable releases can be found on GitHub.
Daily builds can be downloaded from here.