The Flight Modes section allows you to configure which flight modes and other actions are triggered by particular switches/switch positions on your RC transmitter.
In order to set up flight modes you must already have
To access this section, select the Gear icon (Vehicle Setup) in the top toolbar and then Flight Modes in the sidebar.
The screen allows you to specify a "mode" channel and select up to 6 flight modes that will be activated based on the value sent on the channel. You can also assign a small number of channels to trigger particular actions, such as deploying landing gear, or emergency shutdown (kill switch).
The steps are:
- Turn on your RC transmitter.
Select the Gear icon (Vehicle Setup) in the top toolbar and then Flight Modes in the sidebar.
Specify Flight Mode Settings:
- Select the transmitter Mode channel (shown as Channel 5 above).
- Select up to six Flight Modes for switch positions encoded in the channel.
Position mode, return mode and mission mode are recommended.
- Specify Switch Settings:
- Select the channels that you want to map to specific actions - Kill switch, landing gear, etc. (if you have spare switches and channels on your transmitter).
- Test that the modes are mapped to the right transmitter switches:
- Check the Channel Monitor to confirm that each switch moves the expected channel.
- Select each mode switch on your transmitter in turn, and check that the desired flight mode is activated (the text turns yellow on QGroundControl for the active mode).
All values are automatically saved as they are changed.