Motor Setup is used to test individual motors/servos (for example, to verify that motors spin in the correct direction).
These instructions apply to PX4 and to most vehicle types on ArduPilot. Vehicle-specific instructions are provided as sub-topics (e.g. Motors Setup (ArduSub)).
To test the motors:
- Remove all propellers. > Warning You must remove props before activating the motors!
- (PX4-only) Enable safety switch - if used.
- Slide the switch to enable motor sliders (labeled: Propellers are removed - Enable motor sliders).
- Adjust the individual sliders to spin the motors and confirm they spin in the correct direction. > Note The motors only spin after you release the slider and will automatically stop spinning after 3 seconds.
- Basic Configuration > Motor Setup (PX4 User Guide) - This contains additional PX4-specific information.